The Health Psychology and Prevention Science Institute (HPPSI) is dedicated to improving the health and well being of all people through the application of psychological theory and methods. The Institute has been or is currently funded by a number of Federal grants through organizations such as the Center for Disease Control, the National Institute on Drug Abuse, and the Department of Health and Human Services. Domains of inquiry include: asthma, diabetes, mental health, organ donation, and substance use. Student training and applied methodological rigor are hallmarks of HPPSI. Over a dozen students are gaining hands on experience working on the numerous applied studies currently underway.
- Serious Mental Illness & Poverty Status November 18, 2016
- Veteran Marijuana Use & Prescription Pain Reliever Misuse November 18, 2016
- CDC Releases Vital Signs Fact Sheet on Tobacco Use November 17, 2016
New students are welcome to sit in on our lab meetings.
To join the HPPSI or be added to our listserv, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Journals & Databases
- CGU Library
- Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies (CAPT)
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS)
- Global Health Observatory (GHO)
- Monitoring the Future
- Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS)
Learn About CGU
For information on progams at Claremont Graduate University, please visit www.cgu.edu